Saturday, April 26, 2014



If you haven't seen Toy Story 3 Skip this post!!!!!



I've experienced many emotions twatching Disney and Pixar films, but one of those feelings has never been legitimate sadness. In Beauty in the Beast, when the beast seemingly dies, I felt bad but nowhere near close to tears. When Mufasa is killed and Simba attempts to awaken his father only to realize he is dead, I was more upset but still not anything out of the ordinary. Other people watched those films and tore up in sadness but I never quite felt that connection. Toy Story  on the other hand was a different story. I had grown up watching Toy Story and its sequel, however the way the movie ended in the second film, it seemed all would forever be well in Toy Story world. By the time third movie was released I was already a teenager. When I saw Toy Story 3 and it came to the scene where it looked like all the toys were about to fall to their death in the pit, I have to admit that I was tearing. Of course logically it would make no sense whatsoever for a Toy Story film to end that way but logic was out of my mind. I finally realized that I had developed a bond or connection with these films growing up and seeing them almost destroyed actually felt like a part of my childhood was destroyed. I ask any fellow viewers of this blog, have any of you ever followed and watched a Disney film growing up that you would feel terrible if those characters were destroyed in their respective stories in a sequel?

No comments:

Post a Comment