Sunday, April 27, 2014

Welcome to Disney Adventures!


Welcome friends!

I thought to myself at the beginning of the semester, "Wow! A class that's about Disney? I have to take it."All my life I have been a great fan of Disney. I have watched hours upon hours of Disney films, and viewed them countless times over again. Disney films just have something so special about them, whether it is the presentation, animation, story, characters, I do not know. What I do know is that I've been fascinated with Disney ever since I watched my first Disney film, Lion King.

Consequently my favorite Disney character happens to be Mufasa. While he only had a brief appearance in the beginning of the movie (Spoilers!), he stands to this day as my favorite character in any Disney film. He stood for justice, peace and was one of the most courageous characters I've seen. Yet, he never looked for trouble, as he said to his son "I am only brave when I have to be." He is a character that I always wanted to emulate.


Throughout this blog I will take a look at several of the readings that myself and my classmates have read over the semester. We have discussed a variety of topics, including the Disney empire, as well as the portrayal of topics such as race and gender in animated films. I will give my views on these readings and topics. Everyone need not agree with my perspective and that is totally fine, I welcome other ideals and different sides to an argument!

No comments:

Post a Comment